2013

At the start of 2013 I wasn't sure whether it was going to be a year that I would enjoy. 2013 meant some pretty big changes for me and it also meant a lot of growing up would happen in a short amount of time. 2013 brought about lots of 'firsts' which was pretty daunting and scary. However it has turned out to be the best year ever. Every month brought about something exciting and I have gained some pretty amazing memories. I really enjoy reading posts about what exciting things people have to up to during the year and I also find its lovely when bloggers share some of their favourite memories from the year. So grab a cuppa and sit back and hopefully enjoy my 2013. 

January.....
... was a month full of anxious moments as I waited to hear back from the university's I had applied to. Thankfully not long into the month I received offers from all of the university's I had applied to and I was able to firm my favourite. This meant I could apply for my accommodation and the thought of me going to uni become a little bit more real. 

February.....
... was the month I saw Rita Ora with my best friend!! It was such a great night and she was fantastic to see live. I had always loved her but wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was considering the tickets were only £17.50! Definitely see her if you get the chance! 

March.....
... was the first of the big changes. It was the month I turned 18. I was finally an adult. I had such a lovely birthday and was spoilt rotten by all my family and friends. 


April.....
... was a pretty boring month. As my final Alevel exams got closer, most of my time and effort went into revision and past papers. It was one of the most stressful months but it was all worth it on results day. If you are reading this now and you're in the same position I was then, my advice to you is to just work as hard as you can and do as much a you can because all the days in revising instead of being out with your friends and spending your money on highlighters and coloured paper instead of makeup is all worth it in the end! 

May.....
... was a month of mixed emotions. It was the month, that after spending 5 days of the week for the past 7 years, I left my school for good. It was a sad day and tears were shed. It was hard to believe that after growing up with a group of people for 7 years, we were now all going our separate ways. May also saw me take my final exams. It was a month crammed with exam after exam, the stress of revision and having to sit in freezing cold exam halls for hours at end. Finally 10 exams later I was free and my summer could finally begin. 


June.....
... was an important month as it was the month that I created Skinny Jeans. Although I was having an amazing time with my friends, I wanted to have something to do over the summer and from that my little blog was started. Although I have neglected it lately ( which makes me so sad) it was one of the best decisions I made this year. I love having my own little corner of the Internet. As well as doing huge amount of shopping for products to review, my bank balance suffered hugely, June was the month that I spent as much time possible with some of my favourite people! 




June also meant it was time for my year 13 leavers ball. I loved getting all dressed up and it even gave me a chance to attempt to a FOTD and OOTD on my blog. I had such an amazing night and my date did not dissapoint in his suit! 



July.....
... July was a month of panic as results day got closer, I was starting to worry more and more about whether I had done enough to get into uni. July also saw my venture on more nights out, a plus to that whole 18 age label and I was surprised how much I actually enjoyed them. I was sure they wouldn't be my sort of thing as I seem to like my sleep a bit too much so I never thought I would be able to last until the early hours. 



August.....
...meant the dreaded Alevel results day came. Thankfully I didn't need to be worried as I came out with the grades I wanted/needed and my place at my first choice uni was confirmed. Now that was all over it was time for a holiday and I jetted off to Spain with my family for 2 weeks. 



September and October.....
...were the months where I moved 3 hours away to uni, settled in and met some of the greatest people ever. Not only did I end up with the greates flatmates ever but also ones who could put up with my excessive clothes and makeup buying. I had the best 2 weeks of freshers and I loved starting my course and getting to know people on it. 

 

November.....
... was my first month of placement and I loved it. However it did mean that my blogging slipped and I didn't mange to get it back. I really missed doing it and I regret that I haven't made time for it recently but that will all change in the new year!! November also saw another 'first' in that I put my first deposit down on a house for next year with 3 of my fav girls! I can't wait to live with these girlies next year. 


December.....
... meant I could come home and spend some time with my family and enjoy christmas! I had such a lovely Christmas Day both at uni with my friends and also  at home with my family. 


Wow this has turned into a super long post! If you have managed to get all the way down here then I hope you enjoyed it. I promise that next year I shall return to blogging and I'm looking forward to getting back into it. I hope you all have a wonderful new year and thank you for taking the time to read my blog! 

Happy New Year Everyone!!  Xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.